Co-Sleeping, night routine & getting enough sleep feat. Linen and Homes

Thursday, May 24, 2018

Hi guys!

I wanted to share with you my birthing story with my third baby but that would take forever to write. So for now, I'll share how I get her to sleep at night, what is our bedtime routine and a tip on where to get breathable cooling bedsheets.

Ava, my little baby, is heaven sent! She is pretty behave compared to her older brothers when they were babies. I always thought that she will be pretty easy to take care of. She doesn't need much attention which is something new to me. Both my first and second children were colic babies but much worst for the second!


I thought before that I might go over another roller coaster with my third child but no. Not really. Haven't had that problem and I wish I'll never have to in the future.

So, our bedtime routine is composed of, full tummy, snug clothing, new nappy and fresh, comfy sheets. My husband and I sleep together with our kids so, in addition to the list, that will include the warmth of each other. 


To start, we end the day early by cleaning Ava at around 6 o'clock in the evening and after that, it's feeding time. What we do is that we make it consistent so that we create a pattern every day and soon, she'd understand, even though she doesn't have any clue or care about the time, that it is bedtime for her.

Sometimes at night when the lights are out, she'd roll on her tummy and try to start a fit. What we do is that we ignore her. Not actually ignoring her completely, but we don't soothe her at once. And as time passes, she learned how to sleep on her own even though we co-sleep. I can actually leave her alone in bed and she'd sleep on her own. Which is a very different story from my previous experiences with my other kids. They would never sleep unless I lay beside them.

Babies learn how to be independent like soothing themselves. You just have to restrain yourself at times so they would learn. I believe that babies are very smart and can learn quickly. But then again, as a mom of three, all babies are different. I just learned and understood how to manage these things on my third baby!


Once that you've managed to give your baby your nighttime routine, it's time to let them know that it's bedtime. You can either play a lullaby every night or you can turn off the lights and have the room in dim lighting. Make sure that you do these things consistently because if not, your baby would not learn.


A full tummy and clean nappy gets my little Ava to be content. Snug clothing makes her feel warm and secured. Clean sheets make her feel comfortable. These are some of the things that are a must for us so Ava can get an uninterrupted sleep.

I'm completely grateful that I found the perfect bedding for us. If you want something that is lightweight, breathable and hypoallergenic (this last one is the most important for me), you can visit Linen and Homes website.

I got a bit too excited when the beddings arrived at my doorstep. I received it well packaged and comes with two pillowcases, flat sheet, and a fitted sheet. I chose the color gray because with kids, white and ivory gets dirty pretty easily. It promises a 5-star resort quality bed (which in my opinion a must-have) and also I love that it says 'perfect for tropical climate' because right now, the heat is intense and I can't help but check at night if our kids are sleeping well or if they need to change clothes because of sweat. Honestly speaking, I can't turn on the air conditioning every night because the electric bill would blow up! We don't want that do we?


From experience, yes, this fabric made out of premium bamboo feels so nice to the skin. It almost has that silk-like feeling where it just flows smoothly on your body. I am the type of person that never sleeps without a blanket regardless of the weather. So thumbs up for that! Frankly, this gives more comfort on a cool weather or when you have the air conditioning on.

If you're interested to avail them, you can enter my discount code: GECCA or go to this link by clicking here and get 10% off!

Anyway, babies or families, in general, will sleep better together if what you are sleeping on provides comfort and pleasant experience. Uninterrupted sleep is one of the things that I wish for as a parent because if you're a parent, it means that you are just not allowed to have 8 hours of ceaseless sleep. LOL.

Anyway, before this blog post goes off topic, I just want to conclude that co-sleeping is important. It may not be for all (it's a choice) but to me, it is important. In a typical set-up, kids often see their parents leaving for work in the morning and arriving at night. In my opinion, co-sleeping gives you and your family some time to bond before dozing off to dreamland. 

What about you? Do you co-sleep with your baby/kids?

Let me know! Cheers!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Your comment means so much! Thanks!

INSTAGRAM FEED