First Impression and Review: Ever Bilena Matte Lipstick in Toast of New York (Philippines Local Brand)

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Hi!

As a makeup lover residing in the Philippines, one of the most famous make-up brand is Ever Bilena! I've had Ever Bilena products before like the liquid foundation, liquid eyeliners and even those clear mascaras but I don't remember owning a lip product from them. Maybe because when I was so in to Ever Bilena, I wasn't really going for lip products at the time because mostly they would have reds and pinks which back then, I do not even look at. But that was many years ago way back college and now, I got my first ever lipstick from them which I purchased for only Php165.00 ($3.50) at the SM Department store.


Ever Bilena, since the start of 2016, or maybe at the end of last year has been stepping up their game and really leveling to the US drugstore make-up products which many Filipinas reach for at the beauty sections. I really like those new products and looking forward to trying them! 


Claims: Pure Impact, pure luxury. Ultra matte finish! The only matte lipstick that makes your lips stay supple and smooth. Delicately developed with long wearing formula that accentuates and pampers your lips. Incredibly luxurious with Vitamin E that gives your lips the natural moisture.
Net wt. 3.6g.


The packaging is a love-hate for me. Hate because I wish that the packaging would be a thicker kind of plastic so it would be more solid other than that, I have no complaints. I LOVE that the packaging is matte just because I like the feel of it and it's sleek looking because it has a silver touch in the middle. Another thing that I like is that there is a color on top of the lid so you can easily tell what color of lipstick it is. Last thing I like about the packaging is that when you twist the lipstick product in, it locks and same thing when you close and put the lid on.


I got mine in the shade "Toast of New York" and this is one of the latest shades Ever Bilena came up with. I don't know if they are trying to dupe a certain product but this shade is just amazing. It has a deep brown with some burgundy color. 


Here is the color swatch. As you can see it is quite pigmented though I had to build this to get the color that I want.


I really love the color pay off and it is really matte, a bit tacky at first when applied but after some uses, it applied fairly smooth and although you can feel that you have lipstick on, it doesn't feel heavy or drying at all.

After a few hours, (3-4 hours) the lipstick is still good and need not to retouch.

Pros:
♥ For a Php165.00, this is definitely worth the purchase.
♥ It is matte and not drying!
♥ Doesn't totally transfer with the slightest touch.
♥ Doesn't have a strong scent.
♥ You can easily recognize the shade because of the color displayed at the top of the lid.
♥ It does stay on the lips for a good amount of time!

Cons:
 ♦ Quickly transfers when you eat. The product glides on to the outer part of the lips.
♦ I wish the packaging would be sturdier.

Rating:


Will I repurchase? OF COURSE! This shade is my favorite and I'm looking forward to trying other shades like "Dusk" and "Siennas".

I love Ever Bilena and I'm happy that they are stepping up their game. I'm excited for more of their new products!


You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. the color looks so good on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same EB matte lipsticks in the shade Mauvey and Sienna. both are wearable for everyday use. I love the shade you got though, might consider getting one for myself. Nice review dear. :)

    Would you like to follow each other? Let me know :) www.mommyrockininstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! Already following you at bloglovin and instagram! :D ♥

      Delete
  3. Bagay sayo ang lip color sis <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. The color on the upper part is actually lipbalm ..twist it 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I discovered that later on and forgot to update this! :D Thanks!

      Delete
  5. The color on top is actually a lip balm ..open it😊

    ReplyDelete

Your comment means so much! Thanks!

INSTAGRAM FEED