First Impressions Review: Natura Organics Healthy Skin Foundation

Friday, February 26, 2016

Hi!

So, I have had a long list of resolutions and one of them is of course, getting out of my comfort zone and just go out there and try new things and one of those new things are Organic Cosmetics. Actually, I haven't really thought of trying all natural makeup products until recently that I had a chance because I won a giveaway hosted by Micsemotions and Natura Organics on Instagram. I got this together with a cute highlighter.




Claims:
Dry Touch and Lightweight / Oil Control, Hypoallergenic and Non-Comedogenic / Anti-Aging, Brightening and Lightening / Anti-Acne and Anti-Blemish / Medium to Full Coverage / Infused with Multivitamins and Antioxidants 

Superstar Ingredients:

Amazonian Butter • Amazonian Clay • Flower Pigments • Rice Powder • Sodium Hyaluronate • CoQ10 (antioxidant) • AC Party Face Pom™ • Epicutin™ • Vitamin F Forte • Bio-Enzyme Plus™ • MultiVitamins Beads • Jojoba, VCO, Grapeseed, Babassu Oils • Titanium Dioxide & Zinc Oxide


Contains 30g of product and retails for Php566.00 ($12.00)


I got mine in the shade "Dandelion" which has a yellow undertone and should suit my Asian skin tone. I believe there are four shades, Carnation, Dandelion, Rose and Orchid which you can check out here.

I first applied this product at the back of my hand which is what I always do and dang, this product is really thick!


This is just one pump of the product and look how thick it is.


One pump gives a lot which means, "a little goes a long way"!


You can definitely tell now that this will give medium to full coverage.


As I spread the product, you have to be fast when spreading it because you don't want it to set on your skin if you don't blend it fast enough.

The scent kind of throws me off and I didn't like it at all. I can't explain what it smells like but it does have a strong scent but fades a way after application and once it sets.


(where did my other brow go? lol!)

This is right after application (before and after), as you can see, the shade is a little light for my skin and since the foundation has a thick consistency, it easily emphasized my dry patches around the nose and some on my chin and also, some bumps on my face so I recommend using a good moisturizer for this before putting on the foundation.


This is after I did my everyday make-up. I just have a highlight and blush on my cheeks.

I also tested out their Mini Strobe  Highlighter in the shade, Calliope. That's why you can see some highlight on my cheeks and nose. :)

As for application, I first applied it wrong because what I do is that I put on the foundation all over my face then blend it in using my fingers but what you should do is that apply it on a part of your face then blend it quickly so you wouldn't have a problem spreading it. And remember, a little goes a looooonnnnnggggg waaaayyyyy!

As you can see, it covered the redness around my nose and evened out my skin tone. The coverage is quite good and although you can see a shine on my nose, it has an almost matte finish. I like that it is light weight and powdery.


Here is a photo four hours after the application (before I blot), as you can see, the foundation set really well and actually, the longer it is on the face, the more that I'm liking it. I haven't experienced that before with other liquid foundations. It's amazing! You can still see my foundation and highlight which is great!

So, to sum it all up, here are my thoughts!

Pros:
♥ Coverage is thumbs up! It does give medium to full coverage.
♥ Looks really good once the foundation sets.
♥ Buildable.
♥ Lasts up to 6-8 hours on my face but I did blot 4 hours after application.
♥ Powder finish.
♥ I like that it has a pump.

Cons:
♦ I hate the smell of it. I can't describe it but I don't like it. :( 
♦ Foundation is too thick for my liking.


My rating:


4 out of 5 stars! I think I have to venture more on the organic cosmetics because I realized that it's almost like letting your face take a rest on make-up but not really since it is organic and good for the skin!

Thanks for reading!

Click here for Natura Organics Facebook page and hit like to be updated of new products.






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Your comment means so much! Thanks!

INSTAGRAM FEED